Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Banana bread.


I really think banana bread has to be one of the most wonderful kinds of breads out there.
I love that it is light and moist.
My brother who HATES bananas including banana bread said he actually likes this one.
Yay!
So pretty much this recipe is amazing.
I got the recipe from a Betty Crocker cookbook.
Although, I did a few things different and even added an extra special ingredient.

Here's the recipe:
Banana bread
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter (softened)
3 mashed ripe bananas. (Use 4 if you like a stronger banana flavor)
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Grease and flour the bottom of your loaf pan. 
In a separate bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
Mix your sugar and butter together. (I used a kitchen aid but you can use a hand mixer as well.) Mix in the eggs one at a time. Add bananas and water and mix well. Finally slowly mix in your flour mixture and mix that well.  Pour into the loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  About 1 hour 15 minutes.
Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before taking it out.
Spread on that butter and enjoy!

Sidenote: Oh you can add 1/2 cups of nuts if you want. I hate nuts so I never do.
Oh and I also always double it. Cause one loaf just isn't enough.




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment