Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Birthday banners.

For my baby girl's first birthday I of course had to make a cute banner.
One big one and one little one for her cake.
See below for pictures.
They are super easy to make.




The big banner says Happy Birthday Olivia.
This was super easy to make, but a little time consuming.
I went to Roberts and got my cute paper.
You need about 10 sheets if you want your triangles to be as big as mine.
If you want them smaller you could probably get away with 7.
Trace or draw the size triangle you want onto a scratch piece of paper and then use it to trace it onto the 10 sheets. I did 2 per page on mine.
Cut it out.
Now for the letters, I just used plain white card stock.
I used my cricut but I am sure you could trace magnet letters or get some from your computer.
I cut out 2 different sizes-one just a little bigger so it looked kind of like a shadow.
I glued them onto each triangle.
(The 2 H's on one and so on.)
Then I got some cheap ribbon at Walmart and just placed each triangle onto the ribbon and did a little swirl stitch straight down. I didn't pin them on because I didn't want to put a hole in the paper so I just placed them on as I went.
Trust me, it really is easy.
I am definitely not talented in the sewing department.
So if I can do this anyone can.
Anyway, I did the Happy Birthday on one ribbon and the Olivia on another.
But really you can do whatever you want.
That is just what I did.
Super easy and super cute.
Even cuter in person, I promise.
This will definitely be used for every one of her birthdays.

Okay so for the little one.
I did pretty much the same thing but it is way less time consuming.
I traced my little triangles.
Cut them out and then modge podged the tops of them onto some rick rack.
And tied the ends of the rick rack onto some cute paper candles.
(I'll do a post soon on how to make those.)
That's it.
Cute huh?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment