Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tissue paper pom poms:

For my baby girl's first birthday I decided to make these cute tissue pom poms.
I have seen them around and figured they shouldn't be that hard to make.
So here's what I did.
(I'm sure others have figured this out as well.)

Buy half inch foam balls. (You could use 1 inch ones for bigger ones or the teeny tiny ones for small ones.)
I bought mine a Roberts.
I don't have a picture of this part, but if you are planning on hanging them:
Take some ribbon, and start with one end and use your glue gun to glue it around the center of the foam ball.
Leave enough extra ribbon at the end so it's long enough to hang.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Buy tissue paper or use some you already have.
But it takes quite a few.
Cut them into little squares like this.
They don't have to be perfect, just generally all the same size.

Cut them all out at once that way you don't have to pause in the middle of gluing.
I'm not sure how many I used but it takes quite a few.

Fold them up like this.
If you are holding the tissue paper, you will take the middle of the paper and fold all the corners up.
If that makes sense.
I'm sure you'll figure it out!

And begin gluing like crazy.
(Use a glue gun)
You want to glue them very close together.
It takes a while.
Not going to lie.
And occasional you may burn yourself.
Just saying.

Ta da!!
Aren't they adorable!

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment