Saturday, October 15, 2011

Super easy and yummy apple crisp.

This is a very simple, yet very yummy recipe for apple crisp.
I got it from the wonderful Betty Crocker cookbook.
Love that cookbook.
I doubled the recipe well a little more than doubled just because I made it for my whole family.
But the normal recipe makes about 6 servings.
Here's what you'll need.
4 cups sliced apples (about 4)
2/3-3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.

Pick some nice apples from your tree.
Or you can just buy them at the store.

Find yourself a little helper.
This cute little one didn't last long!

Peel and slice the apples into very thin slices.
You don't have to peel but I am not a fan of the skin.

Put the apples in a greased 8x8x2 pan. (Remember this one is bigger cause I doubled it)
Mix all the ingredients in a separate small bowl.
I used my hands.
That might be bad, but I promise they were clean!
Then sprinkle it and mix it around in the pan with the apples.
Bake in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Or even both!
This was a huge hit at my house and a great way to start using all of our apples.
Oh and it makes your house smell so dang good.




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment