Thursday, October 13, 2011

Homemade febreze:

I'm a fan of Febreze.
But not a buying fan.
There's no way I'm spending 6 bucks for a bottle.
So I just admire from a distance.
Well I've figured out how to make it for so much less it's not even funny.
I found this idea at:
http://collectionsfrommyheart.blogspot.com/2011/09/homemade-febreze.html
Thank you!
However, I added an extra ingredient.
I'll explain.

First I went to Wal-mart and bought a liquid fabric softener.
I bought Downy-lavender serenity.
6 bucks for that.
And then bought an empty spray bottle for .98 cents.
I had the other ingredients at home already.
And I'm sure you will too!
So you take 1/8 cup of your fabric softener, 2 Tablespoons of your baking soda, and 1-2 teaspoons of some sort of liquid Lysol disinfectant (this is the extra ingredient I added because my spray MUST disinfect in some way or there's no point in using it.)
Put it in the bottle.
Fill the rest up with warm water and shake like crazy.
And that's it! You have your very own bottle of homemade Febreze.
That in my opinion is SO very much better.
So instead of paying 6 bucks for a "real" bottle of Febreze you pay 6 bucks for fabric softener that will make lots and lots and lots of bottles of Febreze.
I mean 1/8 cup per bottle.
It's going to last forever.

So get spraying friends cause this stuff is amazing!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment