Monday, October 10, 2011

A cute $1 trick or treat pail!


It all started off with a purchase of this lovely trick or treat pumpkin at wal-mart for a buck.
My family has always used these so the memories are fond of course.
And you can't go wrong with it only being $1.
Sadly, this pumpkin trick or treat thing is just not the cutest.
And I certainly could not have my pretty little girl carrying this around on Halloween.
(She's being a little bunny by the way. Just wait for the pictures. It's adorable.)

So...I went to the fabric store,
(Just Sew by the way. It's across the street from Kohlers. Love the fabric there)
And bought some cute orange fabric.
Cut it into strips and modge podged them to the pumpkin.
Don't you just love that stuff?
Then I cut a smaller strip and wrapped it around the little carrier thing.
And let's not forget the glorious tulle bow that is tied right around the middle.
I love it.
And I'm sure I'll love it even more when it is full of candy.
We're taking Olivia trick or treating but of course Michael and I get the candy!
At least most of it.


For now it sits on the fireplace.
I think it's a rather darling decoration.

And then, I bought 3 little pumpkins.
The cheap plastic kind.
At wal-mart for .97 cents each.
And cut strips of fabric and modge podged them onto the pumpkins.
I'm thinking I'll do more.
Oh I just love fall.
And Halloween.
And yay for cute cheap decorations!

1 comment: