Sunday, December 11, 2011

12 DATES of Christmas.


There are so many cute advent calender and countdown ideas out there.
My favorite one I've seen so far is this one from Do It Yourself Divas.
But since I only have my one baby girl who is just over one and does not quite get the excitement of Christmas, I decided to come up with something on my own geared more towards my boy.
I call it the 12 dates of Christmas.
I came up with some small (inexpensive/FREE) activities that we will do together each day.
Most of them are free, a few cost just a little bit of money, and a few involve our Olivia.

Here is what I did:

First, I used my Cricut to cut out these little gift tags.
One for each of the 12 days
.
Our printer was out of ink, so I just hand wrote each activity onto the 12 tags.

Then I made them all cute by tying a candy cane onto each one with tulle.


Here is each day...

The first day isn't so much an activity because my husband is crazy busy with finals so I decided just to give him his favorite drink.
I'm sure we'll sit down and share one together though:)

Day 2
Pick your favorite dinner and I'll make it!
(This was another crazy day for him.)

Day 3
Lets make hot chocolate and go outside with a bunch of blankets and lay under the stars.

Day 4
Lets take Olivia to see Santa at the mall.
And do any last minute shopping!

Day 5
Lets take a drive over to Pleasant Grove to see the cool light house.

Day 6
Tonight as a family, lets make a gingerbread house while listening to Christmas music.

Day 7
Lets play our favorite card games while drinking sparking cider.

Day 8
Tonight we are going on a hay wagon ride at Thanksgiving Point to see all the Christmas lights.
(With Olivia)

Day 9
Tonight we are having a poetry night. Each of us will write a Christmas/love poem for eachother.

Day 10
Tonight is movie night.
Your pick!

Day 11
Anytime today you get a free massage from me!

Day 12
Merry Christmas my love!
He will of course get a few gifts from me.
And plus I would say the whole day is pretty much an activity in and of itself!


Just looking at all the cute things under the tree makes me so very excited for Wednesday!
Merry Christmas!
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment