Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Toscana Soup-Olive Garden.


 This is without a doubt the BEST soup I have ever tasted.
I got the recipe from my mother in law.
I really am not a huge fan of soups but oh my gosh you will want this everyday after you taste it.
It's also super easy which is always a bonus!
Here's how you make it.
In a pan, combine:
3/4 cup onions (I did a little less just because I am not a huge fan of onions).
1 package of Jimmy Dean hot or regular sausage. (I did regular cause I am not a huge fan of spicy food).
Saute them until the sausage meat is browned and add 1 1/4 teaspoon of garlic.
While you are browning the meat combine these ingredients in a large pot:
5 bouillon cubes
1 qt of water
And simmer.

Then add 2 medium sliced potatoes (do not peel)
Add the sausage mixture
And a slice of bacon for flavoring. (Make sure you remove it before you serve it)
Cook for another 15 minutes.

Finally add 2-4 cups of kale (I did 4 because it is just so darn good in the soup).
3/4 cup liquid whipped cream.

Heat thru.
 It serves about 4-5 depending on how hungry you are!
And make sure you serve it with a piece of buttered bread.

(I am terrible at taking pictures and it was late that night so don't judge it by the way it looks in the pictures.  Just try it, you will love it!!)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment