Thursday, December 8, 2011

2011 Christmas Card.

Another tradition in my family and I'm sure in many other families is of course the annual Christmas card.
Pretty exciting.
This year, I decided to be creative and create my own.
It wasn't really cheaper than just getting them printed off.
In fact it was about the same.
But it was still fun, and different.

Take a look...



Here's what I did.
I bought some cream colored card stock (just regular sized sheets) from Roberts.
I found a cute Christmas quote.
Typed it up on the computer in a cute font and then printed it out.
Then I folded it in half.
Cut it down on the 2 sides and the bottom so that it was the size I wanted.
Then I went to one of favorite fabric stores, Just Sew and purchased 1 yard of cute Christmas fabric.
I cut that into squares about the size of my picture and then also cut strips. (1 inch wide, and a little over 3 inches thick.)
Oh I sent out about 50 cards this year so everything was done in 50s.
Anyway, I glued my picture on the top.
Tied a knot in the middle of strips and hot glued it to the center of the picture.
Then I opened up the card set a square of fabric over my other picture.
And that's it!
My fabric was kind of in place of tissue paper. I thought it was a bit cuter.
Anyway, I repeated the process 50 times and addressed envelopes and all that fun stuff.
Definitely a process.
Good thing we only have to do this once a year, right?!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment